Posted on Apr 19, 2019 by Shift Staffing
Uist Asco Ltd, Scotland's premium seaweed processor, is located on the isle of North Uist in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. Uist Asco has been involved in the production of quality dried seaweed since 2012. Uist Asco provides products for the alginate, agriculture, horticulture, and aquaculture industries. Uist Asco has a proud history of success with its dedicated staff and strong community ties.
Uist Asco is currently seeking a seasoned, dedicated and experienced Project Manager to oversee Production responsibilities. This will be a rewarding role for a candidate eager to remain in production while applying sound leadership and management to a seasoned production staff. To be successful, you need to carry equal parts hands-on management, production/factory experience balanced with sound business acumen in order to meet the established KPI's of the role and facility. A demonstrated background in end-to-end production and leadership is vital to elevate you as a strong candidate for this role.
- Achieve budgeted production, yield and cost of production on a consistent basis.
- Closely monitor, control and maintain factory key performance indicators.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Engineering, Science and Lean teams to develop SOP and standard work for all the areas of operations.
- Manage personnel issues in the factory to resolve issues and provide leadership to motivate people, foster teamwork and promote an awareness of health and safety and quality in all aspects of the operation.
- Prepare and execute annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Ensure factory meets and exceeds the government and company safety and environmental standards, regulations and policies.
- Ensure preventive maintenance program is implemented to improve the reliability of the equipment.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist with public relations to maintain the appropriate corporate image within the local community.
- Respond to after hours, and weekend emergency calls, from the production factory.
- Support the company's vision and policies regarding Health & Safety, Corporate Culture, and Environmental Management by displaying the appropriate behaviors and leadership towards meeting the company's objectives in these areas.
- Indirectly manage the resource and resource science departments
- Strong background in Factory Operations, a minimum 8-10 years of Factory/Operations management experience is required
- Extensive knowledge of the Seaweed industry
- Must be very flexible with working hours. There is a requirement to be on call as plant operations require
- Must have a minimum 8-9 years of project management experience in a multinational company
- Must have a Mechanical Engineer degree
- You will have a demonstrated ability to report and deliver on established production KPI's utilizing MS Office and other business applications for fuel consumption, dry production, wet consumption, dryer hours, furnace hours, yield and yield losses
- Minimum 4-5 years' experience using RS Logix 5000
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience utilizing AutoCAD/SketchUp drawing programs
- Must have a minimum 2 years' experience working with Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Scottish Natural Heritage and Business Gateway
- Must have experience sourcing and specifying plant equipment for processing and drying Experience negotiating fuel and haulage contracts
- Expert utilizing excel and the Microsoft suite of products. Must be able to utilize virtual basic and advanced formulas
- Negotiating and signing contracts with harvesters, governments, estates, employees, hauliers, suppliers, and land owners
- Good understanding of the quality of the seaweed and optimizing the processing depending on the quality of the seaweed
- Scoping and Designing mechanical systems to produce various particle sizes to meet the customer requirements
- Good understanding of manual and mechanical harvesting of the seaweed
- Ability to train employees on various seaweed processing techniques
- Good understanding science and efficacy of seaweeds to preserve the quality during the process
- Budgeting, forecasting and managing the cost within the budgets and ability to track and explain the actual vs. budget variance
- Ability to schedule production, employees and machine hours to meet the demand
If this job sounds like it was made for you, we'd like to meet you. To further explore this opportunity, just submit your application via apply online
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.