Charge RN Emergency Room (Nights)
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Centennial Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Certified Advanced Stroke Center
- Separate dedicated Emergency Departments for Pediatrics and OB/GYN
- Telemedicine Technology
- Airstrip Cardiology
- Access to tertiary services of HCA's flagship hospital including advanced treatments in Cardiovascular, Orthopedics, Neurology, Surgical Services, Behavioral Health, Wound Care, Plastics, General Medicine and Cancer Services.
- Under the general supervision of the unit's Manager or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts.
- In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Holds current and active State of Tennessee Registered Nurse license
- Clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit
- Minimum of one year experience as Registered Nurse
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS Certification
- Specialty Certification preferred