Prin Quantitative Analyst, Retail
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Exelon Corporation
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha. We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
- Develop and produce algorithms & prototypes in conjunction with internal and external parties
- Translate quantitative and business concepts and solutions (algorithms) into efficient, robust, supportable system design/architecture that can be "productized" for the business
- Partner with team members, internal and external partners to continuously develop, maintain and extend Constellation's analytics platform
- Master's degree in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Econometrics, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 5-8 years' work experience in relevant field
- Experience with broad range of development tools supporting advanced analytics, working in cloud environments (ie. Microsoft Azure, AWS), programming languages (Phython, C#), and structured and unstructured databases (Oracle, SQL Server, data lake)
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new analytical tools developed in market
- Familiarity with natural language processing techniques
- Experience with time series data
- Ability to understand and build data relationships for performing data analysis
- Ability to quickly understand energy and business concepts
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with others
- Understanding of IT infrastructure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Master's degree in quantitative discipline or business
- Energy industry experience
- Prior experience in business or customer analytics role
- Prior work experience with natural language processing
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor