Engineer 1, 2 ,3
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Exelon Corporation
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is primarily responsible for project leadership involving testing and component failure analysis at Exelon PowerLabs Coatesville, PA facility. Specifically, this position performs as a Electrical Engineering Project lead for oversight of component testing and failure analysis investigations for Exelon and commercial customers of Exelon PowerLabs. In addition to establishing test plans, issuing technical reports and approving test results, this individual must operate standard lab testing equipment and perform hands on testing.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide electrical engineering technical expertise to develop, manage and implement project test plans involving component failure analysis.
2. Perform laboratory testing and issue test reports in support of Exelon nuclear plant commercial grade component dedication testing and parts quality initiatives.
3. Issue accurate and complete technical reports for failure analysis projects.
4. Complete assigned projects and work in a timely manner in accordance with requested due dates and internal department goals.
- B.S. Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 6 years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic PC and computer operating skills.
-Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
-Strong analytical skills.
-Solid performer for minimum of last 2 years
-Has a valid driver's license and access to insured vehicle
-Capable of obtaining and maintaining access to nuclear plant.
-Familiar with use of standard electrical laboratory equipment.
-Experience working with high voltage lab equipment such as: Impulse systems, Dividers and Resonance test sets.
-Familiarity with IEEE standard 4 and IEC 60060-1/2
-Previous mechanical or electrical component failure analysis experience
-Familiar with design and function of standard power plant equipment such as valves, pumps, instrumentation, breakers and relays.
-Possesses background knowledge of standard nuclear industry materials.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster