Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Management & Training Corporation
Position Summary:Reports to the wellness manager. Performs duties concerned with the care of the sick and injured, prevention of illness, and promotion of good health in compliance with government and management directives.
- Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illnesses.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions and maintain student health records.
- Cleanse and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment and provide follow up nursing care as required.
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Perform routine lab tests in accordance with approved standards.
- Monitor students restricted to the infirmary.
- Assist in the management and coordination of pregnancy, weight control, tuberculosis, smoking cessation and other programs as designated.
- Triage, assess chief complaints, take vital signs, do appropriate charting and assist with chart review duties and with patient care.
- Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional behavior.
- Maintain clinic facilities in accordance with the highest standards of health care.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps' Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Participate in Career Development Services System by helping students maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Certified, licensed or accredited in Massachucetts as a registered nurse and one year nursing experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer skills.