Cosmetics Selling Manager - Saks Fifth Avenue
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by HBC
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America and Europe include Hudsons Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Galeria Kaufhof, the largest department store group in Germany, and Belgiums only department store group Galeria INNO.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Under direction from the General Manager, the Cosmetics Selling Manager is responsible for building sales volume, establishing and maintaining customer relationships, creating effective teamwork among associates, and developing sales associate talent through consistent coaching opportunities. The Cosmetics Selling Manager is responsible for maximizing department and vendor sales volume in accordance with all store and company goals, policies, procedures, and techniques.
Who You Are:
- You get things done by engaging in high level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- You are a respected and proven thought leader with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization.
- A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of retail experience, in a customer focused luxury environment.
- Possess an established clientele while also demonstrating the ability to acquire new clients.
- Ability to strategize your own business and be self -motivated; taking initiative to increase individual productivity thru interselling and strong client relationship.
- Previously demonstrated successful sales experience, exceeding quota.
- Create a professional selling environment by communicating and exemplifying Saks Fifth Avenue standards of excellence
- Provide leadership and customized coaching to Beauty Specialists, resulting in an increase in sales, service, and profitability
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service within the Cosmetics department by recruiting, selecting, training, and developing quality professional Beauty Specialists
- Proactively generate ideas to develop business opportunities and maximize sales to achieve or exceed all financial goals (Sales, Earnings, Shortage, Vendor Performance etc) established for the department
- Deliver ongoing education, assessment and performance feedback to Beauty Specialists with regard to sales, credit, merchandise, events, policies and procedures
- Manage the resolution of customer service related issues with a focus on providing an exceptional customer experience
- Maintain relationships between Saks Fifth Avenue and all cosmetics vendor representatives
- Communicate stock levels and needs to the Buying Office and track vendor performance daily
- Schedule all department and product trainings to maximize exposure of new receipts to Beauty Specialists
- Utilize automated scheduling system to maximize staffing decisions for the department
- Oversee product launches, evaluate beauty event performance, and adjust product presentation and visuals to meet sales objectives
- Other store initiatives as assigned by management
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount