Order Processing Clerk (part time) Job
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
ORDER PROCESSING CLERK
Responsible for performing general warehouse activities including pulling merchandise from a pick list, physical breakdown of merchandise, building and shrink-wrapping packages, moving merchandise from sales floor to staging area, using handheld scanner to verify merchandise counts and update merchandise locations, and operating equipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Utilizes a handheld scanner device (RF) device to pick orders from the sales floor. Uses handheld scanner
- device (RF) to verify merchandise.
- Communicates problems with inventory and/or equipment and communicates expired or short-dated items
- included on pick list.
- Communicates with club team when merchandise needs to be replenished.
- Ensures that all orders are picked in a timely manner.
- Works with team to have merchandise pulled from reserve area when possible to avoid sales floor replenishment.
- Wraps and secures the merchandise to the pallet prior to transport. Clearly labels pallets with required information.
- Prints staging ticket, packing slip, shipping labels, and other related documents.
- Securely packages the order in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Processes the shipment through BJ's Pick Up & Pay
- Oversees the package carrier pick up
- Ensures the SFC area is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the work area. Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Processes returns to the club and makes determination on how to handle (via DDR or Membership desk)
- Orders supplies for the department
- Maintains open communication with Home Office liaison and reviews any issues relative to the ship-from-club process
- Reports on ship-from-club results on a regular basis
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous order pulling experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
- Previous RF scanner experience preferred.
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There may be exposure to temperature extremes at time to pull refrigerated orders.
- There may be occasional exposure to Company-approved cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.