Certified Medical Coder
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Practical Administrative Solutions
Grane Healthcare, a provider of consultation and administrative support services to independent providers of long-term care in PA, is currently accepting applications for a full time Certified Medical Coder.Responsibilities
- Transcribe written descriptions of medical conditions and procedures into alpha numeric codes using ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) coding.
- Interpret the diagnosis, treatment and procedures in a patients record and assigns the proper procedural and diagnostic codes for insurance reimbursement.
- Provide educational sessions with facility staff.
- Review medical records and extract information to which you apply medical codes that identify diagnoses and post acute care needs.
- Audit charts quarterly of providers and report results.
- Make independent decisions based on your knowledge of medical coding standards, reimbursement policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Work independently, prioritizing your work, meeting deadlines and maintaining consistent production in a busy environment with frequent interruptions. This position requires a high level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy.
The successful candidate must be a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through AAPC or another accredited program and have least 2 to 4 years experience as well as working knowledge across multiple specialties of care including post-acute care is a plus. Candidates must exhibit time management, organizational, verbal and written communication skills. We offer a competitive salary and a full cafeteria-style benefit package, including medical, dental, life, disability insurances, a fantastic 401 (k) with employer match and much more!
To apply in strict confidence please submit your resume today!