QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN/COLOR MATCHER
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, Kalcor Coatings Company, is seeking a QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN/COLOR MATCHER for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position has the following responsibilities:
- Perform quality control tests on raw materials, intermediates, and finished products. Shade batches to color.
- Document all pertinent test results and batch data in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain and control approved product color standards and associated batch color data.
- Document and maintain acceptable inventory levels of purchased and manufactured color dispersions and tint pastes, including traceability of lots and quantities used.
- Perform analytical tests, instrument calibration, documentation, and preventive maintenance of lab test equipment.
- Approve batches for further processing or recommend corrective actions to bring batch into compliance. Specify and make additions to production batches within guidelines. Tint or adjust batches to meet product and customer standards.
- Label, inspect and document hazardous waste. Organize and maintain batch retain system and storage area and dispose of retains and waste materials in accordance with regulatory and company guidelines.
- May travel to customers' locations to perform tests and related work.
- Perform daily housekeeping of QC laboratory and associated areas, functioning within safety guidelines.
- High School diploma with college prep curriculum eg science and math through chemistry and algebra. Associate degree in chemistry or other sciences preferred but not required.
- Minimum one year quality control or equivalent experience in paint or chemical laboratory. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with a variety of QC/Lab tests: viscosity, density, fineness of grind, pH, percent non-volatiles, film thickness, Gloss, color, and appearance.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment, including color spectrophotometer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and prior experience with formulation/processing software, color analysis and matching programs, or willingness and ability to learn.
- Exceptional mathematical, documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer locations as needed. Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurer.
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for the Quality Control Technician/Color Matcher position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer