RN Opportunies with Growing Home Hospice Organization
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Alive Hospice
Registered Nurse - FT Varied Shift - Pediatric Team (Home Care Team based in Nashville)
SUMMARY The Registered Nurse serves as care manager for assigned patients. Responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventive and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/ family unit. The hospice nurse utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills in caring for the patient/family unit. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Visits patients/families in their place of residence to access for appropriateness of services and/or admit to Alive Hospice.
2. Performs initial physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessment of the patient and family.
3. Uses nursing process to establish and implement a hospice plan of care in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
4. Anticipates the need for and initiates interventions to prevent complications, and to alleviate symptoms of physical and psychological discomfort to achieve maximum well being.
5. Provide skilled nursing care to patients.
6. Educates the patients/caregivers concerning plan of care, its goals and the implications of diagnosis and prognosis.
7. Educates and councils patients/caregivers in resource conservation techniques and skills to help maintain the patient at home.
8. Acts as a liaison between Alive Hospice and the patient's primary physician.
9. Evaluates the need for and arranges for home equipment, medication and supplies as appropriate per Alive Hospice policies/procedures.
10. Reports unusual and problematic patient/care giver issues to appropriate Clinical Coordinator and other IDT members.
11. Instructs, supervises and mentors the performance of CNT/HHA and other staff as designated by the Clinical Coordinator.
12. Attends patient deaths, utilizing Alive Hospice procedures. Provides support to patient's caregivers.
13. As agency needs dictate, provides coverage for after hours care or staffing crisis.
14. Complete all clinical documentation per Alive Hospice policy in a timely manner.
15. Participates in Interdisciplinary Care Planning Conference and team meetings.
16. Collaborates with team members to assure appropriate, empathetic and effective patient/care giver support and care.
17. Notifies appropriate staff of status changes per Alive Hospice procedure.
18. Functions as case manager within patient care team collaborating with other members to reach desired patient outcomes.
19. Demonstrates good resource management and recognizes the implications of cost in relation to agency budget.
20. Communicates with physicians, medical directors and other health care providers regarding patient assessment and response to plan of care.
21. Serves as clinical preceptor for professional students as requested.
22. Recognizes and supports agency commitment to provide education and research opportunities to promote and enhance the specialty of hospice and palliative care.
23. Other duties may also be assigned. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Registered Nurse with a current nursing license, BSN preferred. Ability to apply for TN license within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of or willingness to learn hospice care. Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience required. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care preferred.
Alive Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. Our benefits package includes: health, vision and life insurance; vacation and sick days; paid holidays; retirement plan and long term disability; and company car or mileage reimbursement based on the position. If you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and family members, consider working at Alive Hospice. It's been our privilege to serve Middle Tennessee for over forty years. Our employees are committed to providing the highest quality end-of-life and palliative care available. They honor patients and their families by providing the best loving care. Visit for more information.
Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Registered Nurse (RN)