Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
Hours: HALF-TIME (part time benefit eligible), 2nd shift and rotating weekends.
The Phlebotomist under the direction of the Coordinator performs procedures involving blood collection, washroom, central receiving, clerical, and limited technical functions to assist the technologists and technicians in performing laboratory analysis. The Phlebotomist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to age groups according to specific chronological age developmental age, and/or psycho-social maturity.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Successfully completed Phlebotomy courses and training/externship. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Required length and type of experience:
- At least one year experience in drawing patients of all ages (newborn to 100+ years) or documented minimum 100 draws during externship experience. Working knowledge of computers required.
- Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Phlebotomy certification preferred