Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time at Pontiac Correctional Center
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Wexford Health
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
SCHEDULE: Full-Time 11p-7a (40hrs/week) Rotating Days Off
FACILITY: Pontiac Correctional Center
LOCATION: Pontiac, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with partial match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing, Registered Nurses, Medical Director and/or IDOC personnel as appropriate, the LPN is responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; Under the guidance of Registered Nurses, directs and guides patient teaching activities commensurate with education and demonstrated competencies.
- Provide a range of services in the Health Care Unit and housing units including assessment, medication delivery, non-professional nursing care duties and assisting Registered Nurses and medical personnel in the assessment of the physical, psychological and social dimensions of patients
- Documents nursing encounters, patient response, effectiveness, complications, etc., and communicates information to supervisory personnel and physicians, in accordance with physician orders. Observes, records and reports symptoms, reactions, and changes in the condition of all patients.
- Takes vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure).
- Applies and changes dressings.
- Assists with activities of daily living with special attention to therapeutic significance.
- Assists with orientation of new employees
- Administers medications and injections
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as an LPN in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience