Registered Nurse: Full Time at Hill Correctional Center
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Wexford Health
POSITION: Registered Nurse (Currently Assigned to Medical Unit)
SCHEDULE: Full-time (40hrs/week) 11p-7a Rotating Days Off
FACILITY: Hill Correctional Center
LOCATION: Galesburg, Illinois
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health is proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with partial match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford Health manager and clinical supervision from the Director of Nursing and the site Medical Director, responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
The Registered Nurse (currently assigned to Medical Unit) shall provide a broad range of services to the center including screening, assessment, medication delivery, treatment plans and patient education.
- Enter housing units to pass medications or other medical items and to conduct medical screening when necessary.
- Assist in screening of emergencies for necessity and priority for referral to physician or mid- level providers and conduct daily sick call screening
- Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology including drug reaction/overdose.
- Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge in a CPR emergency.
- Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record (POMR).
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the Health Care Unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Summarizes assessment data, and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Intervenes by obtaining body fluid specimens and performing EKG's using proper techniques and procedures.
- Assists in the orientation of new employees.
Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year clinical experience