Accounts Payable Supervisor
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by American Dental Partners Inc.
American Dental Partners vision is to be the leading business partner to multidisciplinary dental group practices in the nation. Our mission is to elevate the practice, profession and delivery of oral care. For 20 years and counting, we ve empowered and supported our team members with leading edge technology, professional development, and education to build healthy, enduring community based dental group practices. American Dental Partners (ADPI) is affiliated with 23 dental group practices, which have approximately 300 dental facilities in 21 states and is a leading provider of practice management services, capital, systems and support staff to dental group practices across the country. Our commitment to people development sets us apart from other employers.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for company-wide AP processes and systems as well as overseeing and providing direction to outsourced AP partner. Responsibilities also include: creating and implementing changes to improve processes, timely and accurate payment of all vendor invoices and related AP reporting and analysis.
- Manage the accounts payable function of the organization. Lead projects as well as ongoing activities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) of the group and is accountable for achieving operational metrics and objectives.
- Oversee and provide guidance to our outsourced AP team, in-house AP team, operations teams, and vendors
- Responsible for development and maintenance of automated invoicing. Serve as system administrator of Epicor and Concur.
- Proactively review and improve department s processes and procedures.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices and introduce them into the department.
- Serve as point person for semi-annual internal control testing and year end audit of Accounts Payable by internal and external auditors.
- Research and identify corrective actions for problem invoices, and vendors, including process changes, if necessary.
- Manage and review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms, 1099 reporting, and payment methods.
- Review Accounts Payable transactions to ensure timely approval and payment.
- Maintain and update all Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams to investigate and resolve Accounts Payable issues as they arise.
- Ensure the timely and accurate month-end closing, and accruals of Accounts Payable transactions.
- Interact with vendors and internal customers for information on correct general ledger coding and problem resolution related to payables.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience. Relevant advanced degree may be counted towards experience.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience with minimum of 5 years of AP or transactional accounting experience and 2 or more years of supervisor experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of accounts payable or transactional principles, concepts, practices and standards as well as knowledge of best industry practices.
- Prior experience with automated invoicing software and/or AP outsourcing preferred.
- Strong analytical and system skills, including automated payable system, ERP system, and Microsoft Office.
AMDPI offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including a 401k, health insurance and a professional work environment. To learn more about American Dental Partners please visit our homepage at