Physician Assistant (FT) - Center for Breast Health and Disease Manage
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Barnabas Health Medical Group
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals - Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state's largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
The Physician Assistant is an independent health care provider who coordinates inpatient/outpatient care through collaboration with the Physician. The PA provides care in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the practice and the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/Physician Assistant Advisory Committee.
- The Physician Assistant is responsible for assisting the Physician in the office, taking H&Ps, administering medications, performing physical exams, and participating in flow of patients thru the practice.
- The PA will assist the physicians with various procedures/surgeries and assist with coordinating the case of the patient.
- Demonstrates an ability to organize and achieve quality performance in new routine.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in coordinating aspects of patient care within a woman's health environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, communicates effectively. Organizes daily schedule and demonstrates time management.
- Effectively prioritizes work assignments and demonstrates effective communication skills
- Implements the policies and procedures of the practice. Performs assessment and reassessment of the patient according to applicable department standards and identified tools.
- Manages time to meet the needs of the Lab. Possesses good working knowledge of scheduling and procedure prioritization to minimize delays and ensure completion of daily work schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Physician.
- Recognizes areas for improvement in divisional policies or patient care; initiates change; educate all involved in change
- Regularly communicates with nursing leadership and staff concerning patient care issues
- Thoroughly explains procedures to patients prior to testing.
- Provides appropriate patient teaching as necessary.
- Physician Assistant Certification,
- Registration & Licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners/ Physician Assistant Advisory
- Basic Life Support (BLS);
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS)
- Women's Health experience strongly preferred
- Although not required, fluency in Spanish, and other languages is a plus.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer