Quality Lab Technician
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
In this role, you are responsible for the calibration of incoming product, maintenance & management of the Calibration lab, and support document control at our sensors manufacturing site in Andover, MN. You will play a critical role in the quality program of our aerospace and industrial sensors manufacturing process.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment
- Maintain laboratory to ISO13485/AS9100/17025 standards
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments (baths etc.)
- Perform calibration of instruments and equipment and manage sending them to external vendors whenever required
- Maintains accurate records of tests and services performed, enters required information in the company's database
- Devises formulas if necessary to solve problems in measurements and calibrations
- Co-ordinate ordering of equipment or materials as needed
- Assists engineers in formulating calibration and evaluation plans and procedures to maintain precision accuracy of measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment
- Assist in designing and fabricating fixtures and tools for production if required
- May identify and recommend design, process, and quality enhancements
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Quality Manager and/or Management
- Two-year technical degree preferred, experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in quality assurance
- Lab experience is preferred
- Experience providing Calibration Lab support is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and self-motivated
- Good personal computer skills. Microsoft Word and Excel especially.
- Experience is preferred in the Temperature or other sensors
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer a competitive "total rewards" compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meets the needs of our employees.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.