Territory Account Manager
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
The Territory Account Manager is responsible for revenue growth in a defined territory, region, and industry/technology. The Territory Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of demand creation through having an entrepreneur mindset, building strong customer relationships through ECE, and managing internal and external stakeholders. This may include developing and/or supporting the pipeline through customer/distributor visits, promotion of product through training and functioning as a project manager. In addition, this individual is responsible for providing forecast accuracy through the S&OP process and will also participate in contract negotiations.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Territory Account Manager is responsible for:
- Current Revenue
- Pipeline Development
- Voice of the customer
- Forecast accuracy with customer input
- Driving Revenue targets/growth
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders (executive level relationships and key decision makers) at the customer through a strong sales methodology, value proposition and Extraordinary Customer Experience (ECE)
- Acting as the single point of contact for customers and stakeholders
- Customer Intelligence - Deep understanding of customer markets, market share, competitive landscape, opportunities/challenges, technologies, trends and TAM, PAM, SAM.
- Driving/influencing TE's current/future product positioning to gain or re-gain market share. This also includes identifying the right selling methodology.
- Creating execution plans for their customer base/market
- Developing and executing customer strategic account growth plans in line with our strategy and product roadmap. Ensures profitable revenue growth and account penetration.
- 5+ years sales experience
- Relevant product or industry experience; sensor sales to OEM customers preferred
- Experience managing indirect reports including manufacturer's representatives and distributors.
- Experience managing a multi-state territory
- Bachelors technical or business degree preferred.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation