Resident Engineer - Ford Account
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
What you will be doing...
- Work as a member of the OEM DRE team to support product and platform launch execution
- Develop and maintain relationships at multiple levels in the customer base to position TE as a strategic partner to the customer
- Assist Program / Platform teams in defining requirements, design evaluations, and validation
- Ability to perform actions according to OEM process: Covisint, WERS, etc.
- Support or manage weekly open issue meetings with Customer
- Release Drawings, Part Numbers, and manage 5-Phases
- Effectively communicate with all other automotive team members to promote the business needs of the territory to foster growth
What your background should look like...
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience in the Automotive Industry
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross functionally and to influence without direct authority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and computer skills (i.e. Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Ford Processes, Systems, People and Locations
- Vehicle Architecture, Platform Launch Timing, Tooling development
- Understanding of Automotive RF systems, High-Voltage applications, Terminals & Connectors and ECU's
- Knowledge of Testing - USCAR 2, USCAR 21, USCAR 17 / 18 and USCAR 25
What TE Connectivity Offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
TE Automotive is one of the leading providers of advanced automobile connectivity solutions. We enable nearly every electronic function in the car -- from alternative power systems to infotainment and sensor technologies - all in a harsh environment. No matter which technology path OEMs choose to innovate for the connected car, we're committed to helping our customers meet evolving challenges and requirements.