Senior Manager, Treasury- Insurance & Risk Management
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity's Treasury Teams control and monitor all activities and systems involving management of cash resources. They oversee corporate cash management and credit administration, maintaining external communication with pertinent financial institutions. The Treasury Teams administer business insurance programs, stock programs, and profit sharing plans. They also manage cash accounts and invests available funds. Responsibilities for the position will include management of US and Rest of World claim processes and related resourses for the property, casualty and executive risk insurance programs, including the maintenance of Risk Management Information Systems and related financial controls.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Claim Management - Responsible for all insured claims matters including 3rd party administrators, internal and external resources, coverage analysis, claim reserve analysis, and related IT systems. Strong knowledge of US workers compensation system and disability management in multiple jurisdictions with documented track record of cost effective resolution of litigated claims in the states of California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- Financial Controls - Maintain processes that provide effective controls for payments and receipt of funds including bank account reconciliations.
- Complex Insured Claim Resolution - Direct involvement in the management and resolution of complex insured matters that require effective communication with executive management, business units, human resources, internal and external legal counsel, insurance companies and Tax
- Management Reporting - Generate reports, schedules and presentations that are utilized by management to monitor cost, track performance, generate budgets and relied upon in the development of actuarial estimates and forecasts.
- Risk Reduction - Proactively partner with Human Resources and Environmental, Safety and Health Organization to identify adverse claim trends based on data and statistical analyses, to direct loss control programs and training to eliminate dangerous conditions, unsafe behavior and educate front line management on cause of loss and issues that impact claim costs.
- Insurance Program Management - Participate in insurance and risk transfer program negotiations including presentations to insurance carriers and third party administrators regarding TE client service instructions, loss experience and large loss summaries. Responsibilities also include document management and retention.
- Candidate will be required to provide a high level of support to TE business units and effectively interface with the various corporate functions (Finance, Legal, HR, and Environmental Safety & Health and Tax). Candidate will also be required to interface with executive management.
The candidate will have 7 + years of insurance industry/risk management experience and possess a Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) in business, finance or insurance and risk management. Successful candidate will have strong knowledge of the actuarial review process including the interpretation of actuarial reports and understand the impact of reserving practices and claim management on actuarial and financial results. Experience with the use of statistical/ financial models that can be applied to loss cost analysis and loss forecasting is required. An MBA or CPCU Designation is advantageous, but not required.
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)