Sr. Global Account Manager
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
Responsible for revenue and profit growth of strategic, global account spanning across multiple geographies and product segments. Provide leadership within TE Medical to execute account plans in alignment with Medical Business Unit strategy. Responsible for overall customer satisfaction (ECE) and alignment of value proposition to drive organic and inorganic growth.
- Develop and execute effective commercial strategies to maximize base business and secure new business in alignment with Medical BU strategy. Deploy portfolio life cycle management strategies to ensure the dynamics of the legacy and NPI portions of the product mix are adequately addressed in both the short and long term (i.e. EOL / LTB / Price Increases / Material Subs / Migrations / Supply Chain Readiness / Capacity
- Achieve bookings and billings targets in alignment with Medical BU budget.
- Drive alignment of customer's business priorities across various TE Medical functional areas (i.e. product management, engineering, project management, operations, quality and finance). Execute customer account plan to ensure functional area performance aligned to deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience (ECE) as evidenced by positive Net Promotor Score (NPS)
- Maintain and cultivate "high level relationships" with key decision makers and influencers within assigned Global Accounts. Develop relationship mapping strategy to ensure appropriate relationships are developed across all functions and levels.
- Develop robust account plans in alignment with Medical BU strategy to support sales objectives and margin improvement initiatives
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to all relevant functional area team members engaging with the assigned global account.
- Organize technology day events and regular business reviews to foster customer engagement, ensure alignment and drive performance (Delivery/Quality/Price/Tech/Responsiveness)
- Possesses solid grasp of TE Medical technologies and capabilities and can clearly articulate them as part of a broader value proposition to global accounts.
- Sets the organizational vision for global account and ensures team members across all functions are aware of and aligned with the vision.
- Ownership of contract negotiations and generation of cost productivity / sales growth proposals.
- Understands market dynamics, trends across various medical therapies and how to effectively align TE Medical strategy to capitalize on both current and future trends
- Identification of TE capability gaps and strategy development to drive either organic or inorganic investment to address if appropriate
- Manages through process and system tools (i.e. SFDC and S&OP) to drive results and hold team accountable
- Interact regularly with senior management and comfort with advising and altering their opinions through collaborative deliberation and business scenario mapping
- Adheres to established budgets and manages direct reports accordingly to ensure compliance
- Five or more years of highly technical and/or complex organizational sales experience preferred.
- Three or more years of medical device sales and/or product management experience preferred, with special emphasis in Interventional, Diagnostic, Therapeutic, Imaging and Surgical medical device segments.
- Demonstrated success managing and developing direct reports
- Significant customer and market knowledge of Medical Industry, Competitors, Products, Trends, and Market Drivers preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Engineering required.
- History of consistently delivering sales results in excess of expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks, make decisions and solve problems independently.
- PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Word computer skills are required.
- Experience with using Salesforce.com and funnel management processes to drive results
- Demonstrated presentation skills and comfort engaging with senior management
- Must have strong business acumen and ability to lead across functions and indirect reports
- Position requires significant travel (50%-70%) and preference is to be based out of Wilsonville, OR, Plymouth MN or Harrisburg, PA area.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation