Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
The Plant Controller role provides financial support to improve profitability and works with the plant management team to driver operational improvements and give insights to production costs. The position is part of the plant leadership team. In addition to helping improve operational performance, the role will be responsible for forecasting results, reporting actuals, variance analysis, and financial controls. This role will report to and work directly with the plant leadership team and report to the Regional Controller.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Drive improvement of financial and operational performance.
- Ensure strong internal control environment is maintained and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Provide primary financial analysis for the site.
- Prepare required financial analysis to support and guide business decision making, including understanding the effectiveness of productivity programs.
- Evaluate and recommend capital investments.
- Ensure proper controls on Company investments in fixed or current assets.
- Ownership of the month end close process for the site.
- Completing all monthly account reconciliations and resolving any differences.
- Preparation and review of monthly analysis and reporting package to ensure accurate and timely submission to local management and headquarters.
- Responsible for assisting with the reporting of non-general ledger information such as productivity, headcount plans, etc.
- Evaluation of labor staff plans and maintaining monitoring systems and related controls.
- Preparation of files for inclusion in monthly and quarterly forecasts and annual budget.
- Responsible for preparing data to facilitate completion of Company law filings and tax reporting
- Review and posting of all payroll transactions.
- Maintain current ERP system and support potential future roll out of new systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum four years' experience working with a manufacturing plant P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Must be highly organized and be able to work on multiple projects that will vary widely in scope, size, and type.
- Ability to deal with, and effectively navigate an ever-changing environment.
- Experience in supporting or regular interaction with various management levels.
- Strong skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ERP systems
- Demonstrated computer proficiency.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) required.
- Motivating Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building Effective Teams
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
What TE Connectivity Offers
We offer a competitive "total rewards" compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meets the needs of our employees.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.