Technical Account Manager
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment -- a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and harsh environments. These interconnect solutions make possible applications like avionics, jet engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and harness assemblies, in-flight entertainment (IFE) and cabin systems for today's "connected aircraft". Vertical markets served include commercial and military aviation, space, military ground vehicles, unmanned / drone vehicles, as well as marine offshore oil and gas (MOG) development. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity in extreme environments, from the deepest oceans, to deep space exploration. In your relentless need to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power management, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you get your product to the market faster with smarter, better interconnect solutions.
AD&M is seeking an experienced and savvy Technical Account Manager to join our sales team in the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan. The Technical Account Manager will be a leader, guiding the sales efforts for the Aerospace marketplace. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will be responsible for new design as well as the replacement of competitive products at the component and value added solutions level. As a Technical Account Manager, you will also interface with Purchasing on pricing and contracts, engage with engineering to gain print position and coordinate with business associates covering contract manufacturers.
Home Office based in: Dallas/Fort Worth Metropolitan Area
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Execute conversion of the engineering pipeline into project wins.
- Identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications whilst promoting TE's technical and technology portfolio.
- Drive the design-in and development of new products and/or platforms
- Become the application expert and discuss new application solution designs with his peers to initiate new platforms vs. customer specific designs in order to maximize the TE profit.
- Focus design effort on the high growth and invest products and markets of AD&M
- Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g. product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with the relevant Product Manager/s, keep the broader market in mind to launch new industry product platforms and in line with the LEANPD process.
- Territory Management using Salesforce CRM.
- 2 - 5 years' Aerospace and/or Military sales experience is desired.
- BS degree in Engineering and/or Marketing preferred.
- Willingness to travel (50-70%) and a valid U.S. driver's license.
- The successful candidate will encompass the skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
- A strong technical background
- Strong selling skills
- A solutions oriented individual capable of looking not only at the component requirement but beyond to a value added assembly solution
- Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management
- Ability to engage with Development Engineers and Purchasing
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation