Global Account Manager
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
What you will be doing...
As a member of the Data & Device's sales force, the Global Account Manager (GAM) will be managing all aspects of the business within a global strategic customer overseeing the "big picture" leading the outside sales team and internal partners executing the Global strategy in regions. This individual will develop and execute account strategy in-line with client's time to market requirements while managing a small team of account managers and field application engineers. The successful candidate will provide business leadership, strategic account planning, and manage high-level cross-business function relationships to ensure account business is completed exceeding expectations.
As a Global Account Manager, a typical day may include:
- Lead the outside sales team, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing to identify new business opportunities and to execute strategy to grow the account.
- Review and coordinate project activities and account receivables with account managers
- Make well-educated quick decisions regarding strategic positioning, product selection, and promotion within customer responsibility
- Build and strengthen business relationships with multiple internal disciplines to ensure satisfactory response to global customer challenges related to logistics, quality, pricing, safety stock planning, customer service requirements, product developments, etc.
- Research and Analyze customer market activities, internal and external data (markets, trends, competition, technologies, etc.) to anticipate how environmental, technical, political, and other business changes impacting customer needs
- Oversee the complete project pipeline to ensure long term development
- Create and maintain good trusting relationships with key client leaders
- Sell TE value proposition of D&D products and services
- Understand client and their technical requirements/expectations
- Regular interaction with the customer to follow up on quotes, projects, delivery and quality issues. e.g. Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meeting with customers and negotiation for business win and market share gain.
- Internal reporting of projects and other business related
- Manage impact of production transfers
Key Goals and Objectives
- Revenue and market share growth
- Customer penetration and satisfaction
- Project pipelines, winning business
What your background should look like...
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering highly preferred.
- 5 - 10 years professional Sales & Marketing level experience
- Experience managing accounts globally
- Experience leading and managing high performing technical sales teams
- Knowledge of connectors, high speed interconnect systems, data center, wireless and network applications
- Familiar with the Global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) Industry
- Proven business win experience
- Needs a professional level of business acumen and good commercial understanding
- Needs a good understanding of technical complexities
- Knowledge of D&D technology & product portfolio and the markets they serve
- Should have had previous exposure to TE Connectivity processes and structures
What TE Connectivity offers...
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Healthcare for associates and their families, including eligible domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement benefits (401k matching) and more...
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Consumer, network and datacenter applications change at an exponential pace and the Data and Devices business is at the heart of a continuously expanding connected life. Accordingly, we provide responsive, iterative and fundamentally agile capabilities and conceived, designed and manufactured to support today's demands. Our customers are building the devices and the infrastructure that is redefining what information technology means. Our products push markets and meet the ever changing need of the evolving, more connected, data-driven world. We are enhancing the way we do business, focusing on the most important things and staying agile and responsive to the needs of a faster, more connected world.