Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter and have a passion for developing next generation Si gauge & MEMS software? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineers to work collaboratively supporting our customer's pressure sensor products. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person to expand our NPI and operational capabilities. As a member of our Pressure Sensors team this individual will be developing test systems software for Si Gauge & MEMS based pressure sensors and supporting the development team in electrical design for Industrial Hazardous Locations markets. This person will work on cross functional project teams to diagnose software/firmware issues, document and write technical specifications for their use. The candidate will utilize their analytical skills developing electrical design concepts of/for complex production mechanisms. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, minor supervision or self-directed, the ability to work across cultures and functions, strong attention to detail and an aptitude for analyzing and improving engineering and product development processes.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Developing pressure sensors: analog circuit design and layout and programming embedded microcontrollers
- Develop software solutions by studying informational needs, conferring with users, and studying a prescribed work process
- Performs skilled electrical/electronic design duties requiring the use of design techniques, theory, principles, computations, and technical knowledge
- Prepares detailed electrical design drawings and reviews the adequacy of design features and general cost estimates. Completes the overall electrical design and layout upon approval of the basic concept.
- Provide electrical support to the engineering and production departments as directed
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience in support of calibration of pressure sensors (Si Gauge and/or MEMS preferred)
- Expertise with C/C++ programming with experience in system design and debug
- Analog circuit design and pcb/pcba layout
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership.
- Familiar with standard Data Acquisition systems, temperature and pressure controllers, a plus
- DFSS is a plus
- BS Computer Science or Electrical, Electronic Engineer, preferred OR equivalent combination of education and work experience to perform at this level
- Must be proficient in English - Fluent preferably
- Intercultural Competence.
- US visa required
- Frequent national and international travel required (25-50%)
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation