Project Manager, Medical Devices
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by TE Connectivity
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
TE Connectivity's Project Management Teams are responsible for managing the operational aspects of projects from inception through implementation. They coordinate cross-functional teams and serve as liaison between project management and planning, project teams and line management. Our Teams review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules and prepare status reports. They assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. They also develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
We are currently looking for 3 strong Project Managers to join our team in Plymouth, MN.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
As the Project Manager you will plan, execute, and control all aspects of assigned New Product Introduction projects. Responsible for meeting project scope, schedule, and budget milestones.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Lead assigned Core Teams to achieve defined objectives.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget for projects within the assigned business segment.
- Develop & manage projects plans and (as needed) gap closure plans.
- Follow established Stage Gate processes and assure integrity of project deliverables.
- Plan & lead Stage Gate reviews to business unit Project Approval Committee.
- Utilize enterprise level project systems to manage project plans, data, and actions.
- Manage project capital budgets and assure execution in alignment with business unit financial plan.
- Assure completion & integrity of Design History File deliverables within enterprise level Quality Management Systems.
- Assure projects are completed in accordance with business unit objectives for On-Time Delivery and Quality.
- Establish and maintain a Microsoft project baseline schedule with commitment from Core team and customer on all projects.
- Identify necessary project resources.
- Conduct weekly status meetings with internal Core Team and external customers.
- Report out on project status as needed.
- Track project lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Proactively identify & resolve risks & issues and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Manage project communication, risks, and schedules.
- Conduct project closeout meetings and post launch reviews.
- Conduct costing reviews.
- Meet all established project deadlines. Clearly communicate roles, expectations, and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis. Be a resource to facilitate the resolution of project issues. Regularly keep management informed of problems, issues, and status of on-going projects.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Education :
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 6 or more years of experience in engineering design and manufacturing preferred. PMP certification will be accepted in lieu of BS degree.
- Six or more years of demonstrated Project Management experience in design & manufacture of hard goods within technology, medical device, or similar regulated industry working with internal and external customers required.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and meet scope, schedule, and budget required.
- Experience in managing global teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of project teams within a matrix environment.
- Experience in formal Stage Gate project lifecycle processes.
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and cable or assembly design principles required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, problem solving, and working on multiple projects required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Project, on-line collaboration tools, and databases required.
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation