Registered Nurse (RN) Post - Surgical ( FT Day )
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-Post Surgical - 4 WEST - Full-Time, Day - St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
What You Will Do
Your Medical Surgical Nursing career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents! Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. We'd like to invite you to grow your Med-Surg Nursing career with us!
As our Medical Surgical Nurse, you are the frontline provider who may have more facetime with our patients than any other professional in the hospital while also planning care, listening to patients' concerns, and answering loved ones' questions. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy, and learn from leadership who likes to mentor their team.
As our Med Surg Nurse, you will:
• Implement and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Nursing experience is preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)