RN Registered Nurse - House Supervisor - PT Rotating
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Sacred Heart Hospital is looking for a part time, 20-hour, House Supervisor to join our team. This person will address staffing needs, work with families to ensure they receive the very best care, and support our staff.
As an RN Registered Nurse - House Supervisor with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
What You Will Do
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Sacred Heart offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being.
Sacred Heart was founded by the Daughters of Charity in 1915. While our technology has improved dramatically and the buildings have grown and expanded, our commitment to the mission remains steadfast: to provide excellent health care to all people, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. For our more than 100-year history, we have been blessed with talented associates who believe in our mission and are dedicated to serving our patients and families.
To learn more about Sacred Heart Health System, visit .
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Florida. Credentialed from State Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) Preferred.
- 1 year of House Supervisor experience required. Charge Nurse, Assistant Manager, Manager, or Healthcare Leadership experience will be considered in Lieu of 1 year House Supervisor experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)