Registered Nurse RN - CCU
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN - CCU - Critical Care Unit 001 - PRN Night - St Mary's of Michigan-Standish - Standish,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Ensure that the written policies and procedures that govern day-to-day functions of the department are followed by all nursing staff.
- Charts nurses' notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the patient, as well as the patients response to the care.
- Review medication cards for completeness of information, accuracy in the transcription of the physician's order, and adherence to stop order policies.
- Notify the Charge Nurse of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift, or that you become aware of.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter departmental personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to assure that nursing services and activities can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of our patients.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider specializing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Instructor specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity