Pharmacy Patient Assistance Program Advocate
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Pharmacy Patient Assistance Program Advocate- Pharmacy Functional Support - Full-Time, Days - 4220 St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
The Resource Group is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through its User-Directed Integrated Solutions, The Resource Group transforms the resource and supply function delivering value through Operations and Logistics Optimization, Strategic Sourcing, and Change Management. Although it specializes in these areas, at its core, The Resource Group is rooted in the ideals of hospitality and believes that success is measured by the satisfaction of the customer.
The User-Directed Integrated Solutions achieve cost reduction and customer satisfaction by:
• Deploying an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from Participants guide all decision-making through an attribute model that defines required attributes for products and services
• Implementing a business transformation model that standardizes and optimizes operations and logistics across every Participant location
• Driving and sustaining change through placement of embedded teams led by C-suite leaders who influence, communicate with, and engage Participant caregivers, staff and leadership
• Recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare to foster innovation and diversity of thought and experience
The Resource Group reduces expenses across 90% of all non-payroll spend categories. It has achieved an improvement of $134 million in cash on hand through sophisticated inventory management, removed over $18 million from distribution costs, and delivered more than $1.2 billion in annual expense reduction.
Although The Resource Group started as a Solution of Ascension, its success has allowed it to expand and serve various healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves over 2,500 locations including over 165 acute care hospitals across 21 states and Washington D.C.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with The Resource Group, you will have the opportunity to perform activities or tasks in specialty pharmacy services. Performs specialized areas as medicine history, buyer and other inventory related areas, nuclear, and PAP as a pharmacy technician.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing system.
- Prepares orders and maintains inventory for the specialty pharmacy areas.
- Repackages bulk medications.
- Receives and stores incoming supplies.
- Serves as a liaison between pharmacy, patient and health professionals by providing necessary information.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pharmacy Tech.
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience required.
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or specific certification related to position preferred.
- 2 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
The Frist Clinic