Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Radiology Technologist - Diagnostic Radiology 001 - FT Rotating 72 Gours Bi-Weekly - St Joseph Health System - Tawas City,MI
Days and Afternoons, Variable hours. Some weekends.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for x-rays and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Maintains physician and patine contacts, clarifies preparations of exams. Performs related Radiology Aide duties.
- Assists physicians in performing exams with setting up sterile field, passing cassettes, preparing syringes, etc.
- Maintains sufficient amounts of supplies.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Associates hired prior to July 1, 2017 will be grandfathered with existing credentials and do not have to obtain within specified timeframe, but must continue to remain registry eligible.
- Associate Degree
- Two years of training in an approved school of radiologic technology, or equivalent, meeting ARRT registry requirements
- One year of experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity