Line Cook at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and upscale dining. We focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences! Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team where YOU make the difference!
The Opportunity A successful line cook will prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts while maintaining quality and presentation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
• Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Portion, arrange, and garnish food.
• Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
• Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches. Butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking
• Prepare relishes and hors d'oeuvres.
• Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage.
• Bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries.
• Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work. • Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in food establishment
Certifications & Licenses: California Food Handlers Card
Other Requirements: Must have own tools.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
Sense of Sound - Communication between staff members
Sense of Smell
Sense of Taste
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - cutting glove
Sense of Balance
Due to the location of the property in the mountains, some conditions may include traversing hills and/or slopes, significant heights and outdoor elements. Work environment will also include inside a climate-controlled building. Must be able to handle extreme temperatures and work with in a Work in temperatures of 90 F - 100 F frequently. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 plus feet both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.