Stand Attendant - Petco Park
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
This position is located at PETCO Park, the current home of the San Diego Padres. Sportservice at PETCO Park is the premier provider of concessions, premium services, catering and retail. This facility holds 46,000 spectators at any given event. For more information, please visit
Under the direction of the Stand Manager or Level Supervisor, serves food and beverage concessions in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
Food & Beverage Service duties
- Greets guests approaching stand.
- Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions, following proper sanitation guidelines.
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Records all waste.
- Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques.
- Participates in set-up of stand, arranges inventory, notifies Stand Lead of any inventory deficiency or shortages.
- Performs clean-up duties in the stand to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cashier duties (if applicable)
- Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of the amounts owed.
- Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests.
- Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift.
- Prepares food products in stand according to Company standards and specifications.
- Shows flexibility by rotating to other stands when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to remain stationary for entire length of shift.
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season.
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.