Part-time, Seasonal Stand Attendant
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
llinois Sportservice, located at Guaranteed Rate Field (333 W. 35 th Street, Chicago, IL), manages the Concession Division for our Major League Baseball partner. We are looking for people with a strong customer service focus to work as part-time, seasonal Concession Stand Attendants.
Candidates must be at least 21 years of age or older and be able to work NIGHTS and WEEKENDS. All candidates will receive a pre-employment crimminal background check.
The start date will be opening day, April 4th, but we will be hiring/training in February/March.Responsibilities
• Greets guests approaching stand with a smile
• Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions, following proper sanitation guidelines
• Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all company alcohol service policies
• Records all waste
• Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
• Sets-up stand, arranges inventory, notifies Stand Lead of any inventory deficiency or shortages
• Performs clean-up duties to maintain the quality appearance of the work area
• Records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of the amounts owed
• Collects money for food/beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change
• Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
• Prepares food products in stand according to Company standards and specifications (as needed)
• Shows flexibility by rotating to other stands when necessary
• Perform other duties as assignedQualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Must be able to work nights and weekends; report time for work typically 4pm.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong customer-focus
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to remain stationary for entire length of shift
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer