Banquet Server - Target Field
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
- Serves food and beverage products in banquet setting in accordance with the Company's alcohol policies, GuestPath Universal Service Standards, GreenPath Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Sets up tables for function in accordance with banquet event order (BEO)
- Accurately transports food and beverages to guests in a timely manner
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Performs necessary tasks to service guests including: taking and filling drink orders, providing refills, answering questions and clearing of dirty dishes.
- Notifies guests of food and beverage preparation techniques.
- Monitors guest needs on a continual basis ensuring all requests are promptly fulfilled; handles any guest complaints.
- Replenishes food and buffet lines (if applicable)
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for guests and fellow associates.
- Ensures proper stock of all product and supplies needed for service
- Breaks down event according to company procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cashier/Money handling
- May be required to bus tables during and at completion of event
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 months previous experience in food and beverage service or related guest service environment, required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds for set-up, service and clean-up
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift; may include walking up and down stairs
- Good mobility to maneuver between tables to deliver food to customers
- Oversee parties inside as well as outside, regardless of weather conditions.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures - required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate controlled dining environment and outdoor temperatures.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer