Seasonal Housekeeper at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite - April through Decem
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world wide traveler base. Our offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" experience and focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences. Come grow with us and create your own memorable experience with the Tenaya Lodge team!
The Opportunity We are looking for seasonal housekeepers that can deliver a high standard of cleanliness with strong attention to detail in all areas of the resort. Our associates must operate with integrity and attention to detail creating a clean, orderly ennvironment helping to deliver the exceptional experience our guests expect.
This position extends from April 1, 2019 to approximately January 5, 2020 and includes the offer of housing in the Fish Camp area.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
- Must be capable of completing a minimum of 12 rooms per 8 hour shift.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Sweep and vacuum hallways. Shampoo as necessary.
- Deliver items to guest rooms such as coffee, cribs, rollaway beds, hair dryers, etc.
- Report Lost and Found items left in guest rooms. .
- Check out & in assigned keys on a daily basis.
- Ensure sanitation guidelines are maintained.
- Assist guests as needed.
- Ensure all linen rooms and work areas are neat, clean and organized.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Tolerance - Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
Education: High School Graduate or GED preferred.
Experience: Previous employment as a housekeeper in a hospitality environment preferred.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
Sense of Sound - Radio and Telephone Communications
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - eye wear + face mask
Sense of Balance
Will vary depending on section assignment and current weather conditions. Weather conditions may include, but not limited to snow, rain, sleet, hail, wind, sun, shade, cool, and warm. Due to the location of the property in the mountains, some sections may include traversing hills and/or slopes. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 + feet.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.