Buffet Server PT
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
Hamburg Gaming, located on the Erie County Fairgrounds, is a destination for excitement and entertainment! This New York Gaming facility sprawls out over 55,000 square feet and features more than 940 gaming machines. Our premier New York Gaming facility also boasts a range of delectable dining options including the Blue Ribbon Grill, Cyclone Bar and Tim Hortons.Position Details
Responsible for providing the guest with positive, prompt, professional and friendly service. Position requires working in all food and beverage outlets.
Responsibilities and duties
- Welcome and greet guests with a positive, professional attitude within one minute of their arrival to table and introduce yourself
- Service guests by taking drink and food orders, delivering food and beverage items to guest's tables and pre-bussing tables in a timely fashion
- Use suggestive selling; always serve bar beverages responsibly, and within legal guidelines
- Keep guests' dining tables well maintained at all times; check back, refills, pre-bus etc.
- Perform all side work duties, which may include opening, on-going, and closing duties
- Complete all duties in a timely, expeditious and professional manner
- Communicate with supervisor and team members regarding shift activities, problems, and product concerns
- Remain updated on current gaming facility and department promotions
- Maintain sanitation, safety, security, and personnel policy standards at all times
- Follow security and surveillance protocol when necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- Must have excellent guest service and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Must be highly motivated, organized and able to multi task
- Must be able to follow instructions and procedures
- Must be able to respond in a positive manner to supervisory directions/guidance and be able to accept constructive criticisms in order to grow and learn new, updated information
- Must be a team player. Participate in crossed training for other positions in front/ back of the house as directed by supervisor or management
- Required to attend on-going training sessions and staff meetings
- Must role model GuestPath
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to stand/walk for entire shift.
- Ability to carry up to 20 pounds frequently; including large food trays.
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shift work may be required.
- Associates may be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand smoke
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.