Deli Cashier at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
If the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and upscale dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" stay and focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences! Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team where YOU make the difference!
As the cashier in our Harvest & Grounds Deli, you'll provide genuine and friendly service whether crafting a coffee drink, making milkshakes, or simply processing payment for food and other items.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Clean and sanitize all service and work areas, utensils, or equipment.
• Provide customers with product details, such preparation descriptions and process customer payments.
• Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti, or bagels.
• Wrap, label, or date food items for sale.
• Set up or restock product displays.
• Complete knowledge of PCI/CEG compliance.
Competency Statement(s) .
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task. and follow all safety procedures
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: Customer service experience preferred
Certifications & Licenses: California Food Handler Card.
Other Requirements: Cross train in numerous positions as to fill any voids throughout the food and beverage division when needed.
Due to the location of the property in the mountains, some conditions may include traversing hills and/or slopes, significant heights and outdoor elements. Work environment will also include inside a climate-controlled building. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 plus feet both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.