Cocktail Server-BNA Airport
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
Bar and grill environment serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
- Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
- Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
- Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
- Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
- Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to cashier
- Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
- Trains others on job duties and company procedures
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred
- Previous experience with a point-of-sale system in service or hospitality environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.