Part-time, Seasonal Retail Cashier
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
llinois Sport Service manages the Retail Division for a major league baseball team. We are located at Guaranteed Rate Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL. This is an excellent, part-time job, which will offer fun and excitement during the baseball season. Candidates must have flexible available, including nights, weekend and holidays.
The job will start on opening day, April 4th, but we will be hiring and training in Feb/March.
- Greets and acknowledges guests
- Answers guests' questions and assists them whenever possible
- Recommends, selects and helps locate or obtain merchandise for guests
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise
- Follows all register procedures and handles cash accordingly
- Exchanges merchandise for guests and processes returns, with approval of supervisor
- Maintains records related to sales
- Ensures that all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Sets aside and notifies supervisor of defective, mis-marked, mislabeled, incorrectly priced, shopworn or damaged merchandise.
- Watches for and recognizes security risks and thefts and reports to security and management
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts inventory, as directed by supervisor/manager
- Assists with loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Willingness to aggressively sell assigned items.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors' instructions.