Cook 3 (FT) at Hamburg Gaming
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
Hamburg Gaming, located on the Erie County Fairgrounds, is a destination for excitement and entertainment! This New York Gaming facility sprawls out over 55,000 square feet and features more than 940 gaming machines. Our premier New York Gaming facility also boasts a range of delectable dining options including the Blue Ribbon Grill, Cyclone Bar and Tim Hortons.Position Details
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards. Assist Culinary Supervisors.
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintains clean and orderly culinary outlets to comply with the local and State of New York's health regulations
- Assures quality, consistency and proper presentation from all associates in their respective job responsibilities
- Oversees stations of all food outlets and staff to assure productivity, consistency, quality and cleanliness
- Assists with all production and service of food from the culinary outlets.
- Assist Supervisors for the preparation and production of food to be served at all Food Service outlets
- Assists Supervisors in supervising the kitchen staff to assure productivity, consistency, quality and cleanliness
- Communicates desired specials and any shortages to the Supervisors
- Assists the Supervisors in the proper training of kitchen staff
- Assists with product inventories
- Assists with on and off premise catering functions
- Follow corporate specifications in regards to uniform and hygiene
- Must role model GuestPath
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous/current participation in an accredited culinary program preferred
- Minimum of 1 year experience in back-of-the house foodservice position preferred
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shift work may be required
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 7 feet, twist at waist, climb ladder, bend and/or squat
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
- Associates may be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand smoke
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.