Food Preparer , Logan Airport
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
Boston Logan International Airport is New England's primary airport and one of the nation's busiest transportation hubs. Starting mid-2018 through 2019, Delaware North will bring its world-class travel hospitality expertise to the 36 million-plus travelers who pass through the airport each year with a wide array of new food, beverage and retail offerings that are true taste of Boston. Full- and quick-service restaurants and retail outlets will be located throughout the airport, with locations in multiple-terminals.The Opportunity
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares food required for foodservice operation, restaurant and/or banquets, in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
* Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for preparation.
* Prepares specific food items and stations; sets up for anticipated business.
* Prepares food products according to Company standards and specifications
* Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
* Maintains kitchen with minimal spillage and breakage.
* Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures
* Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures
* Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training
*Applicants must have the ability to pass a TSA/Federal background screen as per airport requirements
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Assists with set up and break down of banquets
* Assists with plating and running food for functions
* Assists dishwashers when needed
* Assists receiving clerk when needed
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets
* Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware)
* Ability to follow instructions
* Ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
* Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of shift
* Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
* Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
* Frequent bending and squatting
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
* Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment
* May be required to work in confined space
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, slipping and tripping.
* Frequently immerses hands in water.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the "essential functions" of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for hi/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.