Restaurant Server at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world-wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" stay and focus on delighting guests by creating the world's best experiences today while reimagining tomorrow. Come explore your opportunities with the Tenaya Lodge team!
The Opportunity It's an exciting time to join the Tenaya team as¿ a restaurant server, as you'll be working in our newly remodeled dining rooms. A successful server makes the difference by providing our guests with genuine and friendly service including coordinating serving stations, taking orders and serving food and beverages to patrons at tables both inside and on our popular dining patios.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
• Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
• Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
• Escort guests to their tables.
• Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
• Describe and recommend wines, beer, spirits and other beverage options to guests.
• Prepare all nonalcoholic hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests.
• Bring beverage and/or wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
• Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
• Take orders from guests for food or beverages.
• Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
• Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
• Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
• Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
• Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash.
• Perform table side service.
• Complete knowledge of PCI/CEG compliance.
• Greet and welcome guests with a smile and positive attitude, suggesting specials and menu items. Up selling at all opportunities.
• Knowledge on how to operate POS system.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Preferred
Experience: 1 plus years of experience in Serving in a similar environment
Computer Skills: Must be able to utilize a POS System. Must be able to type using keyboard within POS System.
Certifications & Licenses: California Food Handlers Card
Other Requirements: Cross train in numerous positions as to fill any voids throughout the food and beverage division when needed.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
Work in a fast paced environment serving multiple guests at the same time. Serving internal and external guests in both an indoor and outdoor environment in a positive atmosphere. Multi-tasking and communication between other associates throughout the shift. High noise levels and can be exposed to hot temperatures at times. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 feet.
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.