Cage Cashier Part-Time
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Delaware North
Hamburg Gaming, located on the Erie County Fairgrounds, is a destination for excitement and entertainment! This New York Gaming facility sprawls out over 55,000 square feet and features more than 940 gaming machines. Our premier New York Gaming facility also boasts a range of delectable dining options including the Blue Ribbon Grill, Midway Buffet, Cyclone Bar and Tim Hortons.
Responsible for carrying out a variety of transactions and handling any required paperwork.
Responsibilities and duties
- Totals customers' vouchers and pays cash for the amount turned in
- Totals customers' expired vouchers off lottery terminals and pays cash for the amount turned in
- Verifies personal identification of customers for cash advances or limited vouchers
- Exchanges funds accurately throughout the shift
- Keeps cash drawer balanced at all times
- Makes exchanges with main banker as required
- Uses sorting and wrapping machines, credit card machine, computer, and 10-key calculator frequently
- Follows all departmental and state policies and procedures
- Cashes personal checks, electronic checks or cash advances using our global payments station
- Pays jackpots out to floor attendants when necessary
- Fills all necessary paperwork out correctly
- Sells tickets and gift certificate when necessary
- Treats each person as an individual and in a professional manner
- Must role model GuestPath
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency degree required.
- Previous experience working with and managing large amounts of money, such as a cashier or bank clerk or similar position preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to lift 30lbs occasionally.
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shift work may be required.
- Associates may be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand smoke
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.