Field Membership Sales Representative Job
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
FIELD MEMBERSHIP SALES REPRESENTATIVE
BJ's Wholesale Club is seeking Outside Field Membership Sales Representatives ready to grow their career within an innovative industry leader. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals ready to increase our membership base within our clubs. A full-time sales manager/coach is assigned to each Sales Rep to train, mentor and empower them to reach their uncapped earnings potential. Along with our generous benefits package, career advancement opportunities, and work/life balance, we offer 8 weeks of training pay ($400/week + $200 forgivable commission or regular commission - whichever is greater). If the training goal is reached at the end of 8 weeks, base salary increases to $500/week plus uncapped commissions. There's potential to make over $1k/week based upon enrolling new members!
- Actively make 40-50 cold calls/day to generate leads (prospects found through research, networking, computer programs, events etc.) and cultivate new business
- Sell memberships to local businesses, and people, promoting the BJ's brand and increasing the Club membership base within a specific area.
- Develop and execute sales strategy in the local territory to meet/exceed sales goals
- Submit all written reports required by management in a timely manner
- Assist clubs with membership issues
- Reconcile daily paperwork and travel logs
- Proven track record of success and a preferred minimum of 1-3 years of outside sales experience
- Must have a professional demeanor and capacity to learn and be trained on selling techniques
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats including sales presentations.
- Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by email
- Goal oriented and results focused with the desire to succeed
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop leads as well as work with established leads
- Good driving record and reliable transportation
- Full-Time, 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday
- Occasional nights/weekends for special events.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.