Financial Engineer IV
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Fannie Mae
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit .
Single Family Analytics is looking for an experienced associate to work on J2EE web application development to support Capital Markets. The individual chosen will be working in a team of software developers and financial engineers, doing architectural design and implementation for enterprise scale web applications aligned with the corporate standard. The individual will work with Capital Markets customers to understand their business needs and develop financial application frameworks, prototypes and technical solutions that meet/exceed the business needs of the fast changing Capital Markets business. Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk. Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary. May test applications for accuracy and functionality before putting them into service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Formulate innovative architecture for web applications.
- Capital Markets business application development using Java/J2EE frameworks, Rest Web services, Oracle.
- Support integration of analytics in applications to generate business insights.
- Investigate, propose, and implement new technologies to enhance our capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff, serve as technical lead on projects to develop refined analytical applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 6+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Statistics or related area of study is required
- Master's or higher degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Physics or related area of study is preferred
- 10+ years of related work experience preferred
- Strong programming ability in Java/J2EE and one of C, C++, Java, R, Python.
- Experience with web application architecture and UI development using J2EE and Angular.
- Good command of UNIX shell scripting and Oracle/Netezza Databases.
- Experience working on business intelligence platform or reporting tool for data visualizations and reports.
- Ability to communicate technical design solutions to a variety of audiences.
- Excitement to design and develop enterprise scale applications.
- Creative and self-motivated; excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop proficiency in new skills
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55647