Cloud Infrastructure Enterprise Architect
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking and Infrastructure & Cloud Architect. Candidate will be part of a highly collaborative team accountable for defining and driving our enterprise compute strategies. Candidate will own the definition of the desired target state and create the associated roadmaps on how to get there on a number of infrastructure and cloud related initiatives. The Architect will serve as a technical leader undertaking complex initiatives requiring specialized technical knowledge, as well as make and drive decisions on complex or ambiguous IT architecture issues, coordinating with users to determine requirements, and ensuring improvements are successfully implemented and monitored, finding ways to increase efficiency.
- Partner across business and technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed architectures.
- Consult on the application of reference architecture, strategic direction of enterprise technology, and serve as subject matter expert with contextual knowledge of the business model.
- Develop and utilize reusable patterns, practices, and enterprise reference architectures that fit within the overall Allstate architectural blueprint.
- Assist with drafting the business case including identification of potential business/customer benefits, and identify opportunities to enhance existing architecture.
- Influence clients and partners to prioritize for enterprise benefit and risk reduction and assist in driving the adoption of technology solutions that leverage existing patterns, practices and reference architectures.
- Work with strategic vendors and partners to review and influence product roadmaps, strategies, run proof of concepts, and identify gaps and solutions.
- Participate in industry-related conferences and events.
- Provide technical and professional leadership and coach more junior level Architects.
- 10+ years technical experience in IT architecture/design;
- 4+ years' experience in SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
- 2+ years roadmapping experience
- Cloud experience with any major Cloud platform, preferably Azure
- Containerization experience preferably Docker
- Orchestration experience preferably Kubernetes
- Broad infrastructure knowledge
- Deep experience in the following: Cloud, platforms, security, networking
- Microservices experience
- API experience
- Integration experience
- Cloud certifications
- Application development experience
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Request Technology - Kyle Honn