Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer.
Candidate will be responsible for monitoring, managing and optimizing our cloud presence, as well as developing and leveraging automation to move these tasks to a self-service model. Candidate will partner with the operations, security and teams to establish practices ensuring use of cloud technologies conforms to production operational processes. Candidate will make recommendations for optimization in partnership with the Engineering teams and ensure standards are followed for production systems.
Candidate will also serve as the operational cloud focused liaison between Cloud CoE and the App Dev and Operations organizations, ensuring cloud applications have strong operational readiness and adhere to design and operational standards provided by the Cloud Architecture team prior to go live.
- Serve as the operational cloud focused liaison between Cloud CoE and the App Dev and GIO Operations organizations, ensuring cloud applications have strong operational readiness and adhere to design and operational standards provided by the Cloud Architecture team prior to go live.
- Provide regular feedback, lend operational expertise and experience to the Cloud Architecture and Engineering teams, App Dev and Partners.
- Prioritize team efforts and provide team members technical guidance.
- Continuously optimize system monitoring, workflow, and operational procedures.
- Propose and review improvements to existing processes and controls, including financial optimization opportunities.
- Review and develop processes, tools, automation scripts and documentation in support of cloud production operations.
- Ensure systems are designed to meet SLA requirements, remain secure and are continuously running effectively.
- Review upgrades and configuration modifications on the production systems prior to and after go live.
- Develop scripts and create reports for system monitoring and metrics analysis.
- Provide direction for Cloud Engineers on improvements to monitoring.
- Define, document, and deploy configuration management, disaster recovery, and other key operations processes.
- Develop and document processes to support ongoing development, change control, and production maintenance.
- Provide training and guidance on Cloud operations to GIO, iCTO and App Dev Partners, with the goal of accelerating FD's adoption of Cloud services.
- Remain current on technological changes within the industry through research and company training.
- Work as part of the Operations Team's 3rd level support for on-call shift rotation to troubleshoot difficult production and performance issues, including off-hour maintenance as required.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux or Linux-like systems administration, performance and file system tuning.
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms, virtualization platforms and containers (AWS, Azure, Docker, VMWare/VSphere, etc.)
- 3+ years AWS experience.
- 7+ years of development & operations experience with high transaction processing systems.
- Extensive experience with operations, administering both Window and Linux machines.
- Experience with version control software (Git) and hands on experience with designing and deploying CICD pipelines.
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex system problems that include capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiatives.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form to C level executives and front line developers/admins.
- Experience with web application environments, such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, CDNs, etc. Experience with Scripting languages (PowerShell, Python and Bash);
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Request Technology - Craig Johnson