Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Global Resourcing
our client in the Netherlands are looking for a data savvy individual to join their Operations Insights team. As a member of their Operations Insight team, your core responsibility will be preparing and delivering bank-wide operations data from various sources. You will be working with various stakeholders for the successful delivery of the future-state data platform using native Azure components. Your challenge will be to create this data platform to support business decisions and operations
As a data engineer on Azure platform, together with your team, you will
- build and maintain the semantic layer, which will enable quick and sustainable data access.
- build a solid data architecture in order to expand sources and applications.
- enable analytical technologies to support predictive modelling and machine learning tools.
- build and maintain automation and CI/CD pipelines.
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of data pipelines, with a focus on data quality. You will also be responsible for making technical and design decision with your team.
- Making data available from various sources for other parties.
- Building scalable and high-performance data pipelines.
- Contributing to the development of tools that help the analytics community explore and discover data.
- Analysing data for quality issues and proposing tactics to increase quality.
- Maintenance and monitoring of Operations data platform and data pipelines.
- Understand the public cloud solutions (AWS, Azure) and their respective Advanced Analytics and Database offerings
- Extensive working experience as a data engineer on the Azure platform using components such as Azure Databricks, Azure data factory, Azure data lake store, Azure SQL DB, Azure DWH, HDInsights, Azure Datalake Analytics, blob storage.
- Experience in designing and building production data pipelines using relevant libraries in Python.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Spark, PySpark, R
- Knowledge and experience with (automated) testing concepts.
- Able and willing to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks
- Working experience building cloud scalable and high-performance data lake solutions preferably on Azure
- Experience in implementing data pipelines with technologies such as Spark, SQL, etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing data lake solutions on Azure
- Knowledge on master data management.
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub, Azure DevOps and related development process
- Experience building and maintaining CICD pipelines preferably in Azure DevOps.
- Experience with the Agile way of working
- Willingness to tackle the formal procedures etc. that comes with working for an enterprise
- Strong problem solving and analytical mind-set
- Eager to innovate, experiment and advice on applying new technologies
- Has a passion for technology especially data solutions
- Able to drive collaborative reviews of design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Team player with strong communication, interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
- A university degree in software engineering or a technical field.
- Knowledge and working experience with BI reporting tools mainly PowerBI and MicroStrategy
- Good understanding of advanced analytics and machine learning concepts
- Good working knowledge with IDE's such as Visual Studio code, Pycharm etc
- Knowledge on event-driven solutions ie Enterprise service bus principles and implementations
- Able to architect, design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support data & analytics use cases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Working experience on end-to-end solution design
- Experience with Scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell, Azure CloudShel
Job Location is in the Netherlands.