Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Experis IT
We have an opportunity for a Paralegal to join Experis on a permanent basis. You will be working as part of our Employed Consultant team, on site with a multi-national technology company based in Cardiff. This is a chance to be part of an award-winning organisation whose key priority is investing in its people.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team and identifying ways to improve the team's processes and delivery of legal support through, the development of shared expertise, playbooks, professional standards, templates, practices and procedures. The ability to collaborate effectively with our key business and legal stakeholders in particular in order to ensure a joined up and consistent approach is taken is paramount.
- Supporting the operational/administrative elements of the role, which may include management of inboxes, team governance frameworks and MI.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant law and regulations, group policies and products.
- Supporting the education and training of teams within legal, compliance and business areas on relevant legal risk issues and developments.
- Contributing towards the development of an effective legal function by seeking to participate in elements of legal function and CLT team initiatives.
What We're Looking For
- Hands-on relevant banking paralegal/other legal experience gained either with a law firm or financial institution.
- Experience in as many of the coverage areas mentioned above as possible.
- Interest in banking and the desire to develop a career in this field.
- Commercially, business and risk aware. Knows limits and when (and how) to ask for help or escalate. Understands internal and external business context.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Graduate or equivalent. Legal education preferred.
Suitable Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance.