Contract DevOps Engineer
Posted on Apr 17, 2019 by Templeton and Partners
Do you want to work on a team building next generation AI Platform? Do you want to work with the latest opensource toolset?
Templeton & Partners is currently working with a large commercial client in Amsterdam, we are looking for an DevOps Engineer/Site reliability engineer(SRE) to join our client newly formed engineering team to help shape the future of software and Datamodelling.
As an DevOps Engineer you will join a team of reliability engineers who partner with development teams throughout the organization with the goal of improving products, features, and flow reliability.
An DevOps Engineer/SRE spends just as much of their time working on systems as they do writing code. You'll be tasked with all manner of work from building operational tooling, automating operational workflows, performing architecture and design reviews, investigating system failures and complex outages, improving our monitoring infrastructure, defining service level objectives and agreements for products and flows, and much more.
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame post-mortem analysis and review
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- We are expert in infrastructure and best practices, and we help development teams using infrastructure more effectively.
- We are on point for capacity planning and to help teams anticipate and prepare for growth.
- Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/Kernel-space divide, etc.
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, Internet routing and load balancing.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Jenkins (or other similar toolset)